This comics are made with
What is this? Click that button and check it by yourself!
Play with sand!
If it doesn't mean a thing to you, you're the right player for the SandBox!. SandBox! is a public sandbox for creating your own comics in a quite strange way: starting from a presetted cast, you can make a simple comic just writing his script in the right way. Probably the nearest thing that looks like you have to do is some sort of a structured short story.
Okay, I've generated enough confusion so I give you some homeworks to do:
- Browse the user-generated comics. They aren't really moderated so be prepared to any sort of thing but I know that anyone wants this SandBox! to be removed so I'm confident that you'll just have fun. For every comic you can read its comic script so you can start understanding by examples.
- Change a bit someone else comic. Hitting the open this comic in Comic Studio button under the comic, a new window with the Comic Studio is opened. Comic Studio is a simple tool that will help you on composing your comic. Just try to remove or add some words from the opened comic to check out what is happening. Oh, yes. There is a little guide in Comic Studio so you can learn how to structure your short story.
- Play more with comic studio. Just have a look to the library menu and check which are the words doing something, from actions to characters, comic strip styles, backgrounds etc. There is a preview for each statement so let's start the clicky-click dance.
- Have a funny idea. When you've understand how StripThis! works, just write your own comic and publish that with the submit option. If everything is OK, a link to your comic will be shown and published on the SandBox! homepage. So you're ready to...
- Share your comic. Give that link to friends and show them your creation :)
That's all. When you're done just repeat the whole queue over and over again. :) Bye!
Who are the characters?
Let me explain. Jim is the king of a far land and Bert was his best warrior. Or... wait. Peter was a spanish matador and Danny was his best friend. Or... Duke was the mad scientist Jefferson was his assistant? Anyway... The built in characters are totally random people inspired by who I meet everyday. Give them the role you prefer. :)